Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dale Carnegie




“One of the most tragic things I know about human nature
is that all of us tend to put off living.
We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon
– instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.”



As a young teenager I remember reading his classic book: How to Win Friends and Influence People. I don't know why I did read it... maybe I was a voracious reader and somehow the title inspired me. Or maybe I was looking for friends and at the same influence my parents into giving me more allowance. It had made an indelible impression on me regarding the importance of interpersonal relationships, as well as the stature of the author; one of the firsts who wrote self-help books at the time. Thanks Mr Carnegie!

2 comments:

Señor Enrique said...

This book by Dale Carnegie became popular among my cousins when we were teenagers. I think we all got a copy :)

FilMasons NSW said...

It looks like you got something out of that book Eric based from your postings... a very remarkable blog.